Friday 17 June 2016

Let's make Physics fun

My journey of teaching Physics began 15 years ago and the passion has grown overtime. If I look back today, I feel a lot has changed both intrinsically and extrinsically with respect to the teaching pattern.

 Extrinsically, content modification, teaching strategies, methodologies and technology have been revamped. To accept this huge change, one's intrinsic nature had to change, i.e.  MINDSET. Teachers who approached the profession with a positive attitude, desire to learn and 'no ego' hangups up scaled their teaching -learning graph very smoothly. Teachers who still stuck to the past were redundant. Students had overshadowed them and they were no more needed.

Today I wish I could go back to my earlier classes and redo the whole content with my students. Earlier I used more of lecture demonstration but with time I started exploring and researching and today I teach Physics only through experiential learning. Students explore, they question,they discuss,  they answer their doubts and I only facilitate and create learning environments. I find the students  at present, more confident and innovative.

I wish every Physics teacher leans more towards experiential based learning as they will help to create thinking, analyzing and critical students.

I teach Physics at IGCSE level and have based my lessons on experiential learning. Interested teachers who wish to make a difference could have access to my worksheets and lesson plans.




No comments:

Post a Comment